Teach Yourself Photography DVD
Buy a product
At last – there’s a way for beginners to learn SLR photography without getting overwhelmed with jargon and irrelevant technical details!
If you want learning photography to be fun and straightforward, then you’ve come to the right place.
Expert tutors Claire Gillo and James Paterson take you through everything you need to know to get started with your first digital SLR.
Through 40 easy, no-nonsense video lessons, Claire and James explain everything from taking your camera out of the box and attaching all the accessories, to how its dials and menus work.
With no jargon to confuse matters and friendly in-the-field demonstrations covering portraits, landscapes, taking photos of children and low-light shooting, Teach yourself Photography is exactly what you need to get the best from your new camera.
Please note: this product is for complete beginners and therefore not suited to photographers who have mastered the basics.
SETTING UP YOUR NEW CAMERA
1. Get your new SLR out of the box
2. A guide to batteries
3. Memory cards explained
4. How to fit a lens to your camera
5. A guided tour of your camera
THE BASICS EXPLAINED
6. A guide to the menu system
7. How to hold your SLR correctly
8. Making sense of lenses
9. Take your first photo
10. Transfer images from camera
TAKE YOUR FIRST PHOTO
11. Frame your photos to perfection
12. When to use the Automatic modes
13. Autofocusing with your SLR
14. Quality settings explained
15. How to use Preview mode
PORTRAITURE MADE EASY
16. A guide to the Scene modes
17. Produce picture perfect portraits
18. How to blur a background
19. Use autofocus points for sharper shots
20. How to light a portrait
LANDSCAPES MADE EASY
21. A guide to composition: Part 1
22. A guide to composition: Part 2
23. An introduction to landscape lighting
24. How to sharpen your scenes
25. Take control of your exposures
HOW TO PHOTOGRAPH KIDS
26. Lighting at home made easy
27. Add pizzazz with picture styles
28. How to avoid unwanted blur
29. Capture action-packed pictures
30. Top tips for photographing children
LOW LIGHT TIPS AND TRICKS
31. What is ISO and how does it affect exposure?
32. Get supported with a tripod
33. Your SLR's pop-up flash explained
34. White balance explained
35. Shoot amazing light trails
START TAKING CONTROL
36. Take control in P mode
37. Get to grips with the mode dial
38. The basics of exposure
39. Get to grips with M mode
40. More on lenses
*DVD-ROM works on Windows PCs and Macs