From the makers of Guitar Techniques this magazine and DVD package is especially for guitarists that can play from lower to upper intermediate level. It’s for those that want to strike out on the path to jazz - or who simply fancy adding some cool jazz chords or some juicy jazzy licks to their current arsenal of chops.
- To get you started, the most useful chords and scales you can use in jazz
- Jazz rhythm styles; now you've learn some cool jazz chords, do some comping (accompaniment) with them!
- Learn some great lead jazz guitar licks
- Playalong tunes:
- Bossa Nova - in the style of Antonio Carlos Jobim, Joao Gilberto and Charlie Byrd
- Jazz-Blues - in the style of Barney Kessel, Kenny Burrell and Herb Ellis
- Jazz-Funk - reminiscent of George Benson and Grant Green
- Ballad - inspired by accompanists Joe Pass and Herb Ellis
- Rhythm Changes - essential jazz progression first used by George Gershwin
Published: March 2013