ImagineFX August 2019 Issue 176
Buy a product
Published 14th June
We think this is one of the most beautiful collections of art we’ve put together in ImagineFX. The art inside this edition is just incredible. Inside the magazine, you’ll get insight and inspiration from:
•Swedish illustrator Chantal Horeis creates our trandescent cover art and shares how she paints it using traditional media and Photoshop.
• In our digital art workshop section, art director Max Ulichney designs a picture book cover while using Procreate’s new Text Tool. Plus, Fatemeh Haghejad sketches a faun on paper then takes it into Procreate to finish the painting.
• We interview both JAW Cooper and Bastien Lecouffe Deharme about their illustrious careers.
• In our 16-page traditional art section, Vanessa Lemen showcases her abstract mark-making techniques in oils and Tran Nguyen works up her painting with pencils and acrylics.
• We look into life beyond Photoshop! There’s a whole host of affordable (or even free) software tools without a hefty Adobe-style subscription fee and we take a look at the best applications for digital painters.
• We feature Christine Kornacki’s teal art studio in our Artist in Residence feature, and also delve into Chase Curtis’s sketchbook.
• Plus! There’s over two hours of exclusive pro video training and custom brushes.