Practical Painter Volume 2
Improve your traditional art skills today!
Buy a product
Are you a passionate painter, a dabbler, or just getting started? Whatever your level, we’ll help you improve your art skills and add to your know-how. In this special edition from ImagineFX magazine, top artists share their tips, tricks, advice and techniques to help you master your medium of choice. In Practical Painter volume 2, you’ll learn new techniques in oils, watercolours, charcoal, acrylics, gouache and much more.
From animal anatomy to oils, from colour thumbnailing to charcoal techniques, from rendering the folds and textures of different fabrics to getting what you need from a photoshoot, our experts will guide you step-by-step.
Inside this 146-page special edition…
- In-depth tuition: Professional artists share their techniques and tricks in easy-to-follow steps.
- Core skills: Master human and animal anatomy, draw animals in action, hone your expertise with colour, make your charcoal sketches more expressive, and much more.
- Top techniques: Discover how to get the best from acrylics, gouache, pen-and-ink, oils, watercolours and more.
- Free resources: Study work-in-progress images and videos available to download for free.
- Inside artist studios: Take an exclusive peek inside the toolkits and working spaces of leading artists.
- Featured workshop artists include Bao Pham, Kev Crossley, Patrick J. Jones, Socar Myles, Tran Nguyen, Jane Radstrom and many more!