MacFormat June 2019 Issue 339
Buy a product
Published 7th May
The longer you use your Mac, it’ll almost inevitably start to feel like it’s running slower than when it was new. Apps you tried months ago might be taking up valuable resources, free storage space will dwindle, and your ambitions may seem to have outgrown the Mac‘s capabilities. Don’t worry, it’s fixable!
Give your Mac a turbo boost with this issue’s easy-to-follow software and hardware tips. They’ll help you identify pressure points, spot places you can increase performance, and improve your Mac’s responsiveness with hardware upgrades from as little as £37.
Moving beyond the desktop, one of Apple’s best recent inventions is Apple Watch. The wearable assistant has become increasingly popular, but perhaps you’re reticent about adding another technological intrusion into your life. We’ll show you more than 50 ways to make the most of Apple Watch and keep it under control.
Also in this issue:
- Reviewed: the new 21.5in and 27in iMacs, including the Core i9 and Vega 48 upgrades.
- Take control of Siri and Search to personalise your iPhone.
- Learn how to clean your old Mac before selling it.
- Head to head: two dual-device wireless chargers.
- Discover the helpful changes in iOS 12.2 and macOS 10.14.4.
All that, plus much more of our regular smorgasbord of tutorials, reviews and the latest Apple news.