Linux Format April 2017 Issue 222
Master the terminal!
Buy a product
Jedi master the terminal! In an age of advanced GUIs, touch screens and high-definition displays why even consider the 80-character wide text-only terminal option? Control and universality. The ability to administer every aspect of a system is attractive enough, but when you realise these skills are transferable in one guise or another across a large chunk of the Unix universe, surely you can see the advantage? Focus your Linux powers to use the full force of a CLI! Plus all this too:
- Privacy distros - we roundup the best distros for protecting your details online
- Open source P2P - using filesharing for the good of all!
- Nginx webserver - Get more from the low-resource webserver on and off the Raspberry Pi
- Tiling window managers - Discover how to take control of your windows
- MicroPython bots - Build battling radio controlled robots
- Pi Compute Module 3 - we look at the new industrial dev board
- Dirt Rally - amazing racing comes to Linux