The Modern Blues Fan’s Bible
Brought to you by the great team behind Classic Rock, Blues Magazine is a mix of old and new; cult and mainstream - and celebrates 75 years of great blues music
Cover Feature: Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac
After stealing Eric Clapton’s thunder with a stunning turn in John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers, Peter Green formed Fleetwood Mac to cut the ultimate British blues album. With unseen photos and new interviews we tell the story of Greeny’s hard road to ‘Dog & Dustbin’.
Also featured in this issueTHE BEST OF 2013! We see out a fantastic year for the blues with a celebration of the 50 essential albums, the greatest comebacks, the landmark shows and the breakthrough artists.
- BUDDY GUY. The Chicago legend talks about his critically acclaimed new album Rhythm & Blues: “Muddy told me to keep the blues alive. That’s what I’m doing.”
- IAN RANKIN. In this exclusive interview, the Scottish crime writer and creator of Inspector Rebus gives us the modus operandi behind his new Rory Gallagher-fuelled project Kickback City.
- IAN ANDERSON. The interview no one else could get! Using unseen photos from his personal archives the Jethro Tull icon takes us back to his early pre-flute days as a blues guitarist.
- ZIGABOO MODELSITE. The N’Awlins drum legend takes you through his life as the Meter man.
- SIMON MCBRIDE. The natural successor to Rory Gallagher and Gary Moore, we profile a blues-rock superstar in the making...
- THE 12 BARS OF CHRISTMAS! From guitars to jukeboxes to a trip to the home of the blues we bring you a dozen Xmas gift ideas to blow a blues head’s mind.
- CUTTIN’ HEADS. In the latest edition of Charles Shaar Murray’s hugely popular column [one great song; three great versions; which is better?] Blind Lemon Jefferson, Carl Perkins and The Beatles battle it out with their strikes at the classic Matchbox.
- BUYER’S GUIDE. Charles Shaar Murray takes you through the best - and worst - cuts of Matriarch Of R&B Etta James’ career.
- INTERVIEWED! The Cadillac Three, Wille & The Bandits, Chantel McGregor, Famous Monday Night Blues club legend Philip Guy Davis, Craig Hughes, Don Cavalli, Terry Lee Hale, Brothers Groove, Left Lane Cruiser, Sunday Wilde, Moriaty, The 45s, Greg Coulson, Alex McKown and more!
PLUS! NO TRASH. NO DOGS. JUST THE BEST OF 2013. Your 15-track CD featuring cuts from JJ Grey & Mofro, Jo Harman, Walter Trout, King King, Rosco Levee And The Southern Slide, The Hoax, Mike Zito, Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart, The Temperance Movement, The Graveltones and more
Published: November 2013