Classic Rock Presents AOR 8: TESLA
Buy a product
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Formed in Sacramento, California in 1984, Tesla have sold 14 million albums in the United States yet remain a cult band in Europe.
But that could be about to change when they visit the UK in April to headline the hotly anticipated, Classic Rock-sponsored HRH AOR festival!
PLUS! Major features on JOURNEY and WHITESNAKE and a sensational FREE 15-TRACK CD featuring the very best modern-day melodic rock songs.
Key features in this issue:
- NEAL SCHON/JOURNEY As the mighty Journey get set for their UK arena tour with Whitesnake and Thunder this May, we engage the band’s guitarist in a wide-ranging and far-reaching Q&A session. Schon talks about Journey’s past, present and future, and about his relationship with Steve Perry, his spat with former Bad English bandmate John Waite, his experiences with drugs in the 70s, and the role of the guitar hero in the modern era…
- WHITESNAKE We fearlessly name David Coverdale’s Top 20 Most AOR Moments!
- JIMI JAMISON As the frontman with Survivor and as a solo artist, Jamison has sung some of the all-time great melodic rock songs. And with his latest album Never Too Late he has created a modern masterpiece with flawless vocals throughout. We also talk to Jamison’s new key collaborator, Swedish producer Erik Mårtensson.
- JETTBLACK We track down the fast-rising British rockers ahead of their hotly anticipated appearance at the HRH AOR festival.
- QUIET RIOT For Los Angeles’ Quiet Riot, success was slow to come and quick to disappear. But if their time at the top was brief, it was also spectacular. For in the early 80s, at the dawn of the golden age of hair metal, this band were major players. We chart QR’s fast rise and equally rapid decline…
- PRAYING MANTIS Although they came to prominence during the NWOBHM in the early 80s, Praying Mantis have always been the most melodic of bands. We take a critical look at their topsy-turvy career to date.
- SKID ROW The band’s guitarist Dave ‘Snake’ Sabo is the subject of issue 8’s Q&AOR session. We also preview Skid Row’s appearance at HRH AOR.
- DANNY VAUGHN Another chief attraction at HRH AOR, Vaughn comes clean on the dirty deeds and dastardly doings of his past in our High Infidelities column.
- LILLIAN AXE Steve Blaze, leader of the legendary New Orleans combo, talks about their most recent album XI: The Days Before Tomorrow and what the future holds in store for his veteran outfit.
- HRH AOR SPOTLIGHT Previewing April’s festival with articles on two more bands on the bill – Vega and Moritz – and a whole lot more besides.
- TOTO BUYERS GUIDE The definitive guide to the absolute best of Toto.
- HOLLY KNIGHT She’s written hits for Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Cheap Trick, Hall & Oates, Kiss, Meat Loaf, John Waite, Rod Stewart, Tina Turner, Pat Benatar, Heart, Lou Gramm… the list goes on…
Published: March 2013