The Blues Issue 8
The Modern Blues Fan’s Bible
Brought to you by the great team behind Classic Rock, Blues Magazine is a mix of old and new; cult and mainstream - and celebrates 75 years of great blues music.
Cover Feature: Muddy Waters
Using interviews he conducted at the time of its
release, Charles Shaar Murray tells the story of Hard Again, the 1977 album Muddy Waters cut with Johnny Winter
that saved his career and reaffirmed his status as master of
Also featured in this issue…
· The story of Alligator Records: The second most important label in the history of blues? Picking up where Chess left off, we take you inside Alligator Records, the label that spread the gospel of cult heroes Hound Dog Taylor, Albert Collins, James Cotton, Son Seals, Koko Taylor and many more.
· JJ Grey & Mofro: “We’re cookin’ with some grease!” The
· Vintage Trouble: With Summer support slots with The Rolling Stones and The Who, and the reissue of their acclaimed Bomb Shelter Sessions album, 2013 is the American blues and soul band’s year…
· Bobby ‘Blue’ Bland: We bring you the final interview with the recently departed soul legend.
· Larry Miller: The British Keeper of the Blues-rock Flame, talks about a lifetime spent on the road as documented by his recently released album, Live & Outlawed.
· The Rides: Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Stephen Stills and Barry Goldberg lift the hood on their new blues-rock supergroup...
· Jonny Lang: Finally, the seven-year-wait for his new album Fight For My Soulexplained: “I wait for life to happen...”
· Interviews with George Thorogood & The Destroyers, Dana Fuchs, cult R&B singer/guitarist Barbara Lynn, Robert Randolph, Gwyn Ashton, Valerie June, Jimmy Vivino, Garrett LeBeau, Omar Dykes and many more!
Plus! Suck ‘Em & See: Blues In Assorted Flavours! Your free 15-track CD featuring tracks by the likes of The Rides, Dana Fuchs, The Idle Hands, Patrick Sweany, Jonny Lang and more!